IPv6 handling in SASL LDAP binding

Xu, Qiang (FXSGSC) Qiang.Xu at fujixerox.com
Thu Aug 6 23:50:18 EDT 2009

Actually, I am not so sure that it is the fault of MIT Kerberos plugin, because when I configured the Kerberos server with hostname, and DNS resolves it to an IPv6 address, authentication runs well. The user can logs in.

I guess kinit and libgssapi_krb5.so are both parts of MIT Kerberos distribution, right? If kinit can handle IPv6 address, libgssapi_krb5.so should as well. Am I right?

Thanks,
Xu Qiang