KRB5 & Sun Solaris 9

Will Fiveash William.Fiveash at Sun.COM
Fri Apr 24 17:09:48 EDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 03:45:00PM -0500, McGranahan, Jamen wrote:
> * Yes, I can ping the kdc.

Try:

truss -o /tmp/truss.out -u:: kinit

which will show all the functions called and their return values (well,
if they have a non-void return value).  This may help pin down why kinit
is failing.

> * Doug: as for the IP address use, we found that for some reason, it
> worked better with the IP on the other 2 boxes we have this installed &
> working. So, keeping the same settings, logic would suggest it should
> work here too.

Well, it really depends on your DNS configuration.  Does nslookup work
for the KDC hostname on the Solaris systems?  In general it should.  Use
of a IP address for the kdc usually indicates a distrust of the DNS
servers.

--
Will Fiveash
Sun Microsystems Inc.