KRB5 & Sun Solaris 9

McGranahan, Jamen jamen.mcgranahan at Vanderbilt.Edu
Wed Apr 22 12:58:10 EDT 2009

I've installed the MIT KRB5-1.6.3 on our Sun Solaris 9 sparc server

Server:

SunOS 5.9 Generic_122300-08 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V240

When I run kinit to connect to our domain, I get the following error:

kinit: Can't send request (send_to_kdc) for principal
xxxxxx at DS.VANDERBILT.EDU

(I'm running this command from /usr/local/krb5-1.6.3/bin)

Now I have looked through my krb5.conf file over and over again and all
of the settings appear there, so I'm not sure why this is failing. I've
scoured Google looking for answers and everything I have come across has
not worked. Our ultimate goal is to create shares on this server for
Active Directory and I've installed Samba for this purpose, but my next
step is to configure Keberos. Please advise. Thank you!

***********************************

* Jamen McGranahan

* Systems Services Librarian

* Library Information Technology Services

* Vanderbilt University

* Suite 700

* 110 21st Avenue South

* Nashville, TN  37240