LDAP-Kerberos sync passwords

Eduardo Sachs edu.sachs at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 14:27:52 EDT 2009

If you use Heimdal Kerberos, you can install the overlay smbk5pwd for OpenLDAP.

It synchronizes the password for the Samba and Kerberos, and
userPassword is fixed with the string {K5KEY}.

Yes, you need configure your Heimdal Kerberos with backend LDAP.

Read more in:
http://www.openldap.org/devel//cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/contrib/slapd-modules/smbk5pwd/README?rev=1.1.2.3&hideattic=0&sortbydate=1
http://eduardosachs.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=Heimdal_Kerberos_%2B_Samba_PDC_%2B_OpenLDAP_%2B_Squid_no_Debian_Etch
http://eduardosachs.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=Compilando_e_configurando_o_overlay_smbk5pwd_para_Debian_Etch