Kerberos/Telnet question

wslyhbb whobbie81-linuxgeek at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 15 19:27:08 EDT 2008

I am trying to setup Kerberos on my Mandriva 2008.1 server. I think it is
correctly configured but when I login with telnet, it seems to login fine,
but then it immediately closes the connection and telnet is not usable.
telnet:
Trying 192.168.1.12...
Connected to server01.bluemapletech.com (192.168.1.12).
Escape character is '^]'.
Waiting for encryption to be negotiated...
[ Kerberos V5 accepts you as ``whobbie at BLUEMAPLETECH.COM'' ]
done.
Last login: Mon Sep 15 18:13:31 from server01

Why is this?  What is wrong?