bug reports: gss-server.exe not using WSAStartup()

Moshe Valenci moshe.valenci at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 08:01:22 EDT 2008

Hello,
I tried testing KFW gss-server.exe for quite a while with no success.
The app just exited with the message "creating socket: No error".
I gabbed the sources and tried debugging the issue and i think i found a
bug.
WSAStartup and WSACleanup are being called whenever GSS is called.
In the caller context, no one calls WSAStartup so 'create_socket' always
fail.
Adding WSAStartup() right after main() and WSACleanup() before exiting
resolved the issue.

can you please confirm this bug?
please check if this this happen for gss-client.exe as well, this looks like
a swift problem.

Regards,
Moshe