Kerberize MS Exchange?

Luke Scharf luke.scharf at clusterbee.net
Tue Oct 14 14:34:44 EDT 2008

Victor Sudakov wrote:
> Is there anyone for whom Thunderbird with GSSAPI really works?
> I hope it is not just theory, someone is using it or has tested it?

I use Thunderbird with GSSAPI with Dovecot on my home-network.  It works
nicely.  The only weird thing was that they used the term "Secure
Authentication" -- instead of "GSSAPI" or "Kerberos5" or "krb5".

I haven't figured out if there's a way to have Thunderbird use GSSAPI
for SMTP.  I haven't looked closely, since I need to unlock my keystore
before sending message to retrieve S/MIME keys -- so pulling out a
password for smtp authentication isn't an inconvenience.  I do like the
elegance of making everything Kerberos-happy, though.

-Luke