Sequence numbering after export and import of context

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Mon Oct 6 15:17:27 EDT 2008

On Oct 6, 2008, at 15:06, Markus Moeller wrote:
> I understand that you need to keep the sequencing and in my case it
> is the
> case. Child 2 will always start after child 1 has finished. So there
> is a
> clear flow order which is just handled by different processes, why I
> thought
> I can re-export/re-import the context.  Unfortunately it is an
> existing
> application and not that easy to completely rewrite.

If child 1 imports the context, does stuff, and exports the context,
and then child 2 imports the context exported by child 1, yes, that
should be fine.  It's just if, for example, two children running in
parallel imported the same context from the parent, that you'd have
problems.

Ken