error configuring kerberos

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Wed Oct 1 09:30:43 EDT 2008

Daulton_Theodore wrote:
> I am trying to build and install krb5-1.6.3 on Solaris 10 but I keep
> getting the following error message from ./configure.
>

> Configure: cannot find res_nsearch or res_search

my output of configure for krb5-1.6.3 on Solairs 10 shows:

     82  checking for socket in -lsocket... yes
     83  checking for main in -lresolv... yes
     84  checking for res_ninit... yes
     85  checking for res_nclose... yes
     86  checking for res_ndestroy... yes
     87  checking for res_nsearch... yes
     88  checking for ns_initparse... yes
     89  checking for ns_name_uncompress... no
     90  checking for dn_skipname... yes
     91  checking for res_search... yes

It probably means the test program did not compile,
maybe for some other reason.
   grep "checking for res_nsearch" config.log
to see what was the test and why it failed.

I use  /usr/sfw/bin/gcc.