KVNO/Keytab Question

kevin.doran@accenture.com kevin.doran at accenture.com
Fri Nov 28 12:41:38 EST 2008

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help.

We are having issues using SPNEGO. Our problem seems to be the one
defined on:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=638&context=SSPREK&uid=swg21259123&loc=en_US&cs=UTF-8&lang=en

When we try to login, our browsers pass the following ticket
information:

                            Ticket
                                Tkt-vno: 5
                                Realm: DWPPTP.LONDONDC.COM
                                Server Name (Service and Instance):
HTTP/ettloadbalancer.dwpptp.londondc.com
                                    Name-type: Service and Instance
(2)
                                    Name: HTTP
                                    Name:
ettloadbalancer.dwpptp.londondc.com
                                enc-part des-cbc-md5
                                    Encryption type: des-cbc-md5 (3)
                                    Kvno: 4
                                    enc-part:
1857B643262FFCBFF4F54F7D2D7E41F7D67DC10257C15D28...

The Kvno is 4, yet when performing a klist on the keytab file:

ivmgr at dptettsw02:/var/pdweb/log$ klist -k /var/pdweb/keytab-dptettsw02/
ettloadbalancer_HTTP.keytab
Keytab name: FILE:/var/pdweb/keytab-dptettsw02/
ettloadbalancer_HTTP.keytab
KVNO Principal
----
   3 HTTP/ettloadbalancer.dwpptp.londondc.com at DWPPTP.LONDONDC.COM

We have followed the recommendation of recreating the keytab file and
this has change the KVNO number in the keytab file. However the KVNO
passed by the browser does not matched - how does this value get set?

Any help is appreciated

Regards

Kev