IPv6 and channel bindings

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Tue Nov 18 16:31:24 EST 2008

On Oct 30, 2008, at 12:29, Damian Hazen wrote:
> Hi -
>
> Does anyone know if IPv6 addresses work with kerberos v5 GSS-API
> channel
> bindings?

Sorry for the delayed response...

MIT's implementation doesn't define a value for GSS_C_AF_INET6, and
there's no standardized value for it as far as I recall, so strictly
speaking, you can't (portably) specify IPv6 channel bindings.  The
Heimdal implementation defines the macro with the value 24, and if you
felt like hardcoding a number for now with the MIT implementation, I
*think* you could make it work; I haven't tried it.

Ken