Putty + GSSAPI from W2k3 terminal server to linux openssh daemon

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Mon Nov 3 09:48:15 EST 2008

Paul B. Hill wrote:
> Hi Doug or anyone else,
>
> Do you know of any distributions that work with KfW that have a version
> of plink that doesn't always open a Windows console window? I know that
> Quest (formerly Vintella?) has a version that does this, but it only
> supports SSPI.

The http://sweb.cz/v_t_m/#putty version can do KfW or SSPI. It will look for
gsslib32.dll, and if  gss_acquire_cred shows credentials, it will try
gss. If not it will try SSPI. The mods to do this came from gssklog :-)
The version we are using is based on PuTTY 5.8.

I sent a separate note Friday to the PuTTY project, thanking them for
starting to work on GSS, and asked if the would pick up KfW and
gss kex. I have not received an answer yet.

> I want to be able to use svn+ssh from within Eclipse, on a machine that
> is not in a Windows domain, without having the system flash open a large
> number of console windows while I am either checking file out or in.

I believe the v_t_m version is smart enough to not flash any screens.

You have to setup a session ahead of time to load, as all the GSS setting
are not available on the command line.