Kerberos Ldap Integration

gaurav bagga gaurav.v.bagga at gmail.com
Thu May 29 09:37:46 EDT 2008

Hi Turbo,

Thanks for the link...
I am able to link ldap and kerberos, I can add principals from kadmin and
they get added in ldap.

But one problem still remains.
I want to mix in Kerberos principal attributes to a directory entry of the
people objectclass which has usserPassword. I want this password to be used
by kdc.

Is such a thing possible? I went through the schema and found that
'krbUPEnabled' helps in achieving this but how can one set this attribute.

I am fairly new to this kerberos and ldap stuff so excuse me if I ask
something thats silly.

If someone has to automate the process of adding principals what are the
possible solutions?
Using scripts?  Is that a good way ?

Thanks and Regards,
Gaurav