what happens when kfw is disconnected

Jeffrey Altman jaltman at secure-endpoints.com
Wed May 28 12:37:40 EDT 2008

David Bear wrote:
> Then we should configured KfW to NOT get credentials at logon, and set
> it to prompt for logon when the network becomes active? I think I
> found that setting in NiM under options->general (uncheck obtain new
> credentials at startup).

The NetIdMgr setting applies only to NetIdMgr, it does not have anything
to do with the KFW or OpenAFS network providers that attempt to obtain
credentials during Windows logon.   All that setting does is ask NIM to
prompt the user to obtain credentials when the NIM process starts if the
"default identity" does not have any credentials.
> monitor network activity is also currently checked. I assume that is
> what needs to be checked to have NiM prompt for logon when available?
Monitor network activity will cause NIM to prompt the user for
credentials if the default identity has no credentials and the IP
address list of the machine has changed.

Jeffrey Altman
Secure Endpoints Inc.