what happens when kfw is disconnected

David Bear David.Bear at asu.edu
Wed May 28 11:41:37 EDT 2008

We have the challenge of supporting very mobile users who may hop between
many wireless networks. These machine are joined to an AD domain so when
they hop on to a wireless network, they are logged on using whatever
credentials windows has cached. This seems to cause an issue for KfW and/or
Openafs. I am wondering of KfW handles the situation where it cannot contact
a KDC becuase there is no network path available because windows hasn't
connected to any network. Can KfW be instructed to wait a certain time
period for trying to get a tgt? Or, can KfW wait for an event, like the
availability of a wireless network -- and then contact the kdc for
credentials?

--
David Bear
College of Public Programs at ASU