Kerberos Ldap Integration

gaurav bagga gaurav.v.bagga at gmail.com
Mon May 26 14:29:21 EDT 2008

Hi Christopher,

Sorry for not being so clear.
To elaborate more I have a system where already authentication mechanism is
present at passwords are stored in relational Db, but as new features come
in I have been told that when new users will be added from now in that old
system, credentials will be saved in ldap also and kerberos should be linked
to this ldap fo picking up passwords and granting tickets.

I am new to this kerberos and ldap. I manged to integrate openldap with
kerberos following various links but still passwords set through kerberos
dont get stored in ldap. Since password din get saved so I am wondering if I
enter some password in ldap how will kerberos know about it.

I am confused how to achieve the following.

   - User added in old system, ldap gets updated
   - Any password changed in old system updates ldap
   - In all above cases kerberos should be able to authenticate the user

Thanks in advance

Regards
Gaurav