Open LDAP VS Kerberos : help needed

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Thu May 22 11:35:42 EDT 2008

On May 22, 2008, at 07:18, Anshuman Hazarika wrote:
> I now know that we can make kerberos use openldap as its data store
> backend, but only with heimdal as our kdc, not mit kerberos.

Why do you think MIT Kerberos can't do that?

Our current release has LDAP database support.  I'm not really an
expert on the use of LDAP, though, so aside from just pointing you at
some documentation, I can't give you a lot of specific advice.

http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/krb5-1.6/krb5-1.6.3/doc/krb5-admin.html#Configuring-Kerberos-with-OpenLDAP-back_002dend

If you're using a version of MIT Kerberos included by an operating
system vendor, it may or may not be recent enough to have the LDAP
support, and the LDAP support may or may not have been compiled...

--
Ken Raeburn, Senior Programmer
MIT Kerberos Consortium