Solaris 10, secure nfs, permission denied

Jeff Blaine jblaine at kickflop.net
Thu May 15 19:36:51 EDT 2008

Will Fiveash wrote:
> On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 12:55:15PM -0400, Jeff Blaine wrote:
>> If anyone has any idea what I am doing wrong here, please
>> chime in.
>
> Have you followed the steps documented in the Configuring Kerberos NFS
> Servers and Configuring Kerberos Clients sections in:
> http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/816-4557 with care?  I suggest you
> check your config carefully.

No, I hadn't.  In searching Google before posting, I did
in fact find a previous reply of yours to someone to do
this, but you didn't provide a link that time.  I poked
around docs.sun.com earlier and could not find what I
wanted.

With your lead above, I've found the section here (for
those looking in the future):

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/816-4557/setup-97?a=view

> Or try using the kclient command which can do a number of these steps
> for you.  If things are still not working, please post.

I'm not a fan of commands like kclient.  I want to know
how to do all of this by hand so I know every piece involved.

Off to read!