Help required in using kerberos in our project

Anshuman Hazarika anshuman_hazarika at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 15 02:11:12 EDT 2008

Hi ,

We are developing a product called as Zeus. In this
product we need our users to be authorised using
kerberos.

We would like to know how to proceed with the
development of this module.

We have the user information, like the user name and
password, stored in ldap.

What we understand as of now is that we need to
download and install the mit kerberos server. After
that do we have to develop a kerberos client which
talks to the kerberos server? If so how do we go about
it?Are there APIs Available?

Can the utilities like kinit be used to develop the
client which would take the username and password to
be authorized using kerberos.

any help in this regard would be appreciated

thanks and regards,
Anshuman Hazarika

Anshuman Hazarika
Mobile 9821434383
Vipassana can change u'r life. Do give it a try.
www.dhamma.org