krb5 help on RHEL3

Mukarram Syed muksyed at stanford.edu
Thu May 1 02:51:31 EDT 2008

I just built out a RHEL3 Update 9 box to test krb5 upgrade and I am running
into some issues.  I am sure I must be missing something during the build.
Please advise from looking at my symptom.  If asked, I can provide more
information.

When I login to the box I do get the krb5 afs tokens.

asinfradev98:~> kdestroy;unlog

asinfradev98:~> klist

klist: No credentials cache found (ticket cache
FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_39728_xP1raB)

Kerberos 4 ticket cache: /tmp/tkt39728

klist: You have no tickets cached

asinfradev98:~> exit

logout

Connection to asinfradev98 closed.

muksyed at asmaster@stanford.edu> ssh muksyed at asinfradev98

muksyed at asinfradev98's password:

Last login: Wed Apr 30 23:39:03 2008 from asmaster.stanford.edu

asinfradev98:~> klist

Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_39728_gIS86f

Default principal: muksyed at stanford.edu

04/30/08 23:39:32  05/01/08 09:39:32  krbtgt/stanford.edu at stanford.edu

04/30/08 23:39:32  05/01/08 09:39:32  afs/ir.stanford.edu at stanford.edu

Kerberos 4 ticket cache: /tmp/tkt39728

klist: You have no tickets cached

asinfradev98:~>

But I keep getting this error when I try to run a kinit after logging in:

asinfradev98:~> kinit

Stanford University (Leland) (asinfradev98.stanford.edu)

Password for muksyed at stanford.edu:

aklog: Couldn't get ir.stanford.edu AFS tickets:

aklog: No credentials found with supported encryption types while getting
AFS tickets

then when I run klist, my afs tokens are gone and I get the krbtgt for k4.
Don't know how!

asinfradev98:~> klist

Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_39728_y6YG66

04/30/08 23:42:56  05/02/08 00:42:54  krbtgt/stanford.edu at stanford.edu

Kerberos 4 ticket cache: /tmp/tkt39728

Principal: muksyed at IR.STANFORD.EDU

  Issued              Expires             Principal

04/30/08 23:42:56  05/02/08 01:09:17  krbtgt.IR.STANFORD.EDU at IR.STANFORD.EDU

asinfradev98:~>

Mukarram Syed

Unix Systems Administrator,

Administrative Services, Stanford University

340 Panama Street,

Godzilla Building,

Stanford, CA 94305 MC 2226.

Phone: 650-736-7647