pam_krb5 problems

Oliver Weinmann oliver.weinmann at vega.de
Mon Mar 31 04:28:00 EDT 2008

Hi,

i compiled krb5 under solaris8 and i can successfully login users from our Windows DC using kinit. I changed /etc/pam.conf to use pam_krb5 to automatically retrieve a TGT at login. This doesn't seem to work. I used the "debug" option in pam.conf but still nothing gets logged in /var/adm/messages. I tried the same on a RHEL4 using the krb5 package that came with it and here i can see:

Mar 31 10:22:10 rhel4wbtest1 sshd: pam_krb5[2959]: authentication fails for 'tuser' (tuser at TESTDOMAIN.NET): Authentication failure (Preauthentication failed)

kinit tuser works fine.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Oliver

Oliver Weinmann
Unix/Linux Administrator

VEGA IT GmbH
Europaplatz 5
D-64293 Darmstadt
Germany
Tel	: +49 (0) 6151 8257 744
Fax	: +49 (0)6151 8257-799
Email	: oliver.weinmann at vega.de
Web	: www.vega-group.com

Register court/Registergericht: Darmstadt, HRB No. 4096, Managing Directors/Geschäftsführer: Philip Cartmell, Susan Bygrave, John Lewis

Notice of Confidentiality

This transmission is intended for the named addressee only. It contains information which may be confidential and which may also be privileged.  Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else.  If you have received this transmission in error please notify the sender immediately.