CentOS attempting to set up Kerberos 5-tickets created & destroyed successfully, now an issue

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Wed Mar 19 17:21:20 EDT 2008

On Mar 19, 2008, at 17:09, Damo Gets wrote:
> When I execute 'kadmin addprinc -randkey host/blah.example.com' I
> receive the following error:

To execute a query within kadmin, use "kadmin -q query" where the
query is passed as one argument -- in this case, you'd have to quote
"addprinc -randkey host/blah.example.com".

> Authenticating as principal root/admin at andkey with password.

On the kadmin command line, "-rfoo" indicates the realm name, so
"andkey" was taken as the realm.

> kadmin: Missing parameters in krb5.conf required for kadmin client
> while initializing kadmin interface

Namely, where to find the kadmin server for the "andkey" realm...

Ken