On Windows session boot - Excuse for my english

Hamza.Badidi@ulp.u-strasbg.fr Hamza.Badidi at ulp.u-strasbg.fr
Wed Mar 19 13:40:14 EDT 2008

Hello,
  I think I've understood globaly how do Kerberos 5 works.. But I
still have some questions about the manner the authentication is made
on the boot of the session (just after when we enter our loggin and
password). How the authetication is exactely made?
-Is a Daemon present in the client machine (as soon as the the session
starts) establish the communication with the KDC server and requests
the ticket?
-If so, how and where do that daemon picks up the username in that
client machine?

Thanks a lot!
Hamza.