Upgrading from Kerberos 1.2.7 to 1.3.x

Kevin Coffman kwc at citi.umich.edu
Mon Mar 17 11:06:21 EDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 10:28 PM, Sunil Chandrasekharan
<sunilsushil at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>  I encountered an issue with UDP size (Eror code 52) while working with
>  kerberos 1.2.7
>  Many suggests me to go for new version of kerberos 1.3.x .
>
>  Please tell me how can i upgrade from kerberos 1.2.7 to 1.3.1
>
>  Please tell me do i need to uninstall my current version of kerberos
>  (1.2.7)
>
>  Please help me understand how to upgrade to kerberos 1.3.1

Sunil,
I'm not going to go back to your other e-mails and try and find what
operating system you are on.  And it may may not matter...

My question for you is, why have you chosen to upgrade to 1.3.1 rather
than the latest version, which is 1.6.3?

As for the upgrade, in most cases you can simply compile and install,
replacing the previous version (libraries and binaries).  I don't
believe the database format has changed since 1.2.7, so it should be
safe to do this even if you are running a KDC.

K.C.