HELP!!! I am also having the kpropd problem

Andrea acirulli at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 15:17:09 EDT 2008

On 11 Mar, 08:46, ger... at compvia.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Okay... I think I've found the issue. Apparently there is a problem when
> running kpropd from inetd. A little googling turned up others that have
> had thie same issue. This is probably a side effect  of the fork/exec by
> inetd. Does anyone know if there is already a bug open for this?
>
> Thanks,
> -G
>
> Jason Edgecombe <ja... at rampaginggeek.com>
> 03/10/2008 08:46 PM

> ger... at compvia.com
> cc
> kerbe... at mit.edu
> Subject
> Re: HELP!!! I am also having the kpropd problem
>

> ger... at compvia.com wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > I tried copying the krb5kdc directory to the slave. I get the same
> result
> > (Decrypt integrity check failed while getting initial ticket). Is there
> > something else I could try?
>
> > Thanks,
> > -G
>
> "Decrypt integrity check failed" usually means that the password is wrong.
>
> Jason

The problem sounds that there is some problem with the key stash file
that allows authenticating on the db for the propagation.

Be sure that the kdc.conf, and then be sure that the kdc is correctly
reading the proper kdc.conf.

I had a lot of problem with kprop and kpropd, but finally I get them
working on linux and solaris.

If you create a new db on the slave be sure that the admin key in the
creation of the db is the same of the master one.

Let me know.

Bye.