Kerberos on Windows

Jeffrey Altman jaltman at secure-endpoints.com
Sat Mar 8 08:05:30 EST 2008

Chris Lowe wrote:
> After some long and painful research, I've discovered the mit2ms
> command, which only works in Vista.
>
> Does anything implement this functionality in XP?
>
> -Chris
Chris:

The reason that mit2ms cannot work on XP or 2003 is because those
operating systems do not provide the necessary functionality.

The only way to obtain a Kerberos ticket that can be used by SSP
applications such as IE, SMB Redirector, Outlook, etc. is by configuring
Windows to obtain the credentials at logon either by joining the
machine to the domain or configuring the laptop to support an
external Kerberos realm.

Jeffrey Altman