Help: noaddresses help

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Wed Mar 5 14:13:16 EST 2008

On Mar 5, 2008, at 13:26, Jeet Joshi wrote:
> What is meaning of  "Wrong principal in request"?
> I am using same principal by which I am able to login from
> 192.168.20.1
> Please Help me if any other setting is required?

If you run "klist" after a successful ssh from the same network, and
the unsuccessful attempt from the other network, preferably after
getting new tickets in both cases, you do get the same service
principal listed?  (Is the machine on the same network the same
machine as the ssh server?)

"Wrong principal in request" generally means there was a specific
server principal name that the server was expecting, and a different
one was used by the client for some reason.  Sometimes that can be
caused by different names for the same host or address (e.g., /etc/
hosts on different machines lists different "primary" names for the
address and/or different sets of addresses).

You asked about NAT in your earlier message.  Are you using NAT
between the networks this case, or was that a separate issue?

--
Ken Raeburn, Senior Programmer
MIT Kerberos Consortium