guidance

naveen.bn naveen.bn at globaledgesoft.com
Fri Jun 27 08:42:13 EDT 2008

Hi Kevin,

I am facing a problem and would like to get suggestion from you regarding it .

My seniors had come up with a kerberos client which took the reference from krb5-1.2.2, which was with out PKINIT support and they

had added the PKINIT support for it.  I have no contact with them , I have no idea what server they had used.

But, now that the  krb5-1.6.3 supports PKINIT, I am trying to use it as Server .  My client works without PKINIT, but with PKINIT

support the server (krb5-1.6.3)  is not able to decode AS_REQ  packet and the kdc log says

preauth (pkinit) verify failure: ASN.1 identifier doesn't match expected value.

I tested the AS_REQ with the tool dumpasn1.c, I found no problem in pkinit asn1 dump.

Kindly help me in solving this problem

Thank you

naveen