Principal attributes and policy in LDAP Realm

Klaus Heinrich Kiwi klausk at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Jun 24 07:43:44 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-23 at 09:05 -0400, Simo Sorce wrote:
> Klaus, the current Kerberos schema as implemented by MIT is not ideal,
> but adding support for multiple schemas seem like a way to fragment,
> wouldn't it be better to join efforts to come up with a schema we can
> all standardize upon ?

I must admit I still need to verify this, but I'd assume that other
applications may be using the same directory for other purposes,
(including authentication?) - and may be simply easier to add support
for this particular schema to one application then to support it in
other (possibly legacy) applications.

> Do you have pointers to the IBM schema ? I'd like to take a look at
> the
> differences.

I can't seem to find any external links to it - I'll check if I can host
it somewhere and let you know.

 -Klaus

--
Klaus Heinrich Kiwi <klausk at linux.vnet.ibm.com>
Linux Security Development, IBM Linux Technology Center