ASN.1 error

naveen.bn naveen.bn at globaledgesoft.com
Tue Jun 17 06:17:57 EDT 2008

Hi Kevin,
I am facing problem with asn.1. The problem is that i am using an client application which was
built with krb5-1.2.2 with added pkinit and it uses asn.1 of krb5-1.2.2. But now that i am using the krb51.6.3
server,when i send AS_REQ i get preauth failed.

The krb5kdc.log file displays
preauth (pkinit) verify failure: ASN.1 identifier doesn't match expected value.

Is the decoding of AS_REQ be a problem or is it with the values that is being filled. But i have used the same
certificates used by krb5-1.6.3 client, using which i was able to authenticate to server.

Please help me in solving this problem .

Thank you

with regards
naveen