ssh publickey auth w/ kerb

Brian Whitehead bwhitehead at ti.com
Sun Jun 1 16:35:09 EDT 2008

Using ssh -vvv shows that the public key is working, but no matter what
I'm prompted for a  password.

Also, is a keytab file from the AD server with the client principal
absolutely necessary?  We have several Solaris 8 clients that work
without a keytab.  The Solaris 10 clients authenticate fine and accept
the password, but the verbose authentication output always complains
about the "Server not found in kerberos database". The admin working on
this project doesn't, since he never had to put it on the Solaris 8
hosts.  Again, the password does work and completes the login.

I'm looking for some very direct step-by-step instructions on setting up
Solaris 10 as a client against AD.  There is a ton of documents out
there, but they're very long and not very direct.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
Brian