SSO

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Fri Jul 18 01:59:30 EDT 2008

Michael Ströder <michael at stroeder.com> writes:
> Russ Allbery wrote:

>> (If you use Firefox, you don't have to actually be a member of the
>> domain; you can use a different mechanism for getting Kerberos tickets,
>> such as NIM.)

> What is NIM?

Network Identity Manager, although properly speaking the bit that's
actually getting the tickets is Kerberos for Windows.  NIM is the UI and
an abstraction layer that can handle additional types of credentials.
This is what we use for nearly all of our Windows clients to avoid having
to have them all joined to a domain (which in many cases is just not an
option).