SSO

Sharad Desai ssdesai1 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 09:53:50 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I was actually interested in implementing a web SSO solution for my
environment.  I have five applications -- all web applications, so a web SSO
is needed -- and three run off of Windows, while the other two are Unix and
Linux.  Since they are web apps, it won't matter from where they are run
from.

I wanted to use Kerberos to authenticate the user.  After research, I
thought this would make sense.  I saw some suggestions using CoSign or
WebAuth.  I can't use WebAuth because it is only for Linux, and CoSign is
written for Apache (but there are ISAPI filters i guess for IIS) and I am
running off of Microsoft IIS.

Hopefully this is on the right track.  I know that using Kerberos for web
SSO is definitely quite difficult, but I would like for it to be
implemented.  If any of you have suggestions or any advice, I would
appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.