Test Environment

Thomas Boutry thomas.boutry at notarius.com
Thu Jul 10 16:57:49 EDT 2008

Matthew Devine wrote:
>> So I'm looking for a little guidance on setting up a Kerberos
environment
>> from scratch simply for testing purposes (I.E. No Domain Controller
or
>> anything yet).

>How about using the VMWare-Player for setting up various test machines?

>Ciao, Michael.

it's a good idea, but be careful with the time synchronization.
Some guest OS consistently run more slowly or more quickly than real
world time. The reason that caused the slowing time inside guest system
is because of that the guest clock frequency is setting too high than
the host OS can offer.

And if you have a time problem Kerberos can't work properly, specially
the ticket manager.

If yours guest OS is Linux you have a workaround on the vmware's web
site :
http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?language=en_US&externalI
d=1420

if you want use FreeBSD check this link , but it's in French sorry,
maybe it can help :
http://casys.crevetor.org/index.php/FreeBSD_vmware-server_Guest

--
Thomas Boutry