mod_auth_kerb +aoache issue

kul gupta kulg123 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 00:16:03 EDT 2008

Hello
 I am using mod_auth_kerb module( for apache webserver  ) for
authentication.I am facing the following issues(*Issue (1) and Issue (2)) as
described below-*
*I also attaching the word document detailing the issues*

Apache server is  in –Redhat Enterprise linux 5.0

KDC –in Redhat Enterprise linux 5.0

I have installed and configure

Openssl0.9.8g

apache 2.2.8

mod_auth_kerb 2.3

*1)*Apache with SSL is working fine and I am able to access https:\\
ruchita.com\index.html

As per given in the INSATLL file of mod_auth_kerb  we have done the settings
of IE and mozilla

as -- For Mozilla - I typed "about:config" in the URL bar and then set the
value of "network.negotiate-auth.trusted-uris" to https://ruchita.com

It then prompted me for username and password

I entered my Kerberos username and password and enter

*Issue (1)-->* After entering the details (username and password) it again
prompted for the username and password.

*2)* For IE also i did the settings as given in n the INSATLL file of
mod_auth_kerb

I went to "Local intranet"

Also edited the file- WINDOWS->system32->drivers->etc->host

And added my linux machine(where the apache server is ) ip and its name in
it.

As

172.25.108.159       ruchita.com

*Issue (2)*

Now ,when I m trying to access http://ruchita.com, the output coming is

Internal Server Error

Also while accesing https://ruchita.com ,the output is

Page cannot be displayed

I will be highly thankful if someone can guide me for the same

Thanks

Kul