errors after creating keytab

Tadoori (EXT), Vilas vilas.tadoori.ext at siemens.com
Wed Jul 2 10:40:14 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I have created a key tab in the following manner.

I was a root when I added  the keytab.
in kadmin:

kadmin> ktadd -k /etc/krb5.keytab root/admin at realm_name
kadmin> exit

when i do an kinit -k it gives me the following error

bash-3.00# kinit -k
kinit(v5): Cannot resolve network address for KDC in realm  while
getting initial credentials

and when i do an kinit -p root/admin
even when i am tying the correct password it gives me the below error
kinit(v5): Password incorrect while getting initial credentials

Actually none of the commands work when I am doing kadmin it gives me
the follwoing message
bash-3.00# kadmin
Authenticating as principal root/admin at NET.PLM.EDS.COM with password.
Password for root/admin at NET.PLM.EDS.COM:

any advice to resolve this, when the keytab is deleated it works fine
but that defeats the purpose

regards
vilas