Kinit/kadmin does not work

Tadoori (EXT), Vilas vilas.tadoori.ext at siemens.com
Wed Jul 2 08:30:51 EDT 2008

Ok ... i have rectified the issue.
I do not maintain an .profile and usually do a bash on my solaris box.
It was an elementary mistake that caused this problem
earlier I have downloaded the kerberos distribution file
krb5-1.6.3.tar.gz
Later I built the same it then created the following dir structure
/usr/local
all the kerberos biniares are in bin and sbin respectively.
When i exited out o bash on firday i lost my path to these binaries, in
the hurry i have done the following to map the same back to my path

export $PATH:/usr/local/sbin and bin
this made the earlier binaries take into effect as my path was looking
like
/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin

I realized it and set that straight and everything is normal...

I other thing that i want to raise is why is that the kerberos binaries
would not work with the x86 solaris intel based installation...

Regards
Vilas

  _____