Heimdal krb5.conf sections

Victor Sudakov vas at mpeks.no-spam-here.tomsk.su
Wed Jan 30 22:21:10 EST 2008

Russ Allbery wrote:

> > According to the man page, some options such as ticket_lifetime,
> > renew_lifetime etc can be used both in the [appdefaults] and
> > [libdefaults] sections. What is the difference between the usages?

> At least with MIT, [libdefaults] affects the library default and will
> affect any application that uses Kerberos.  [appdefaults] will only affect
> applications that explicitly read krb5.conf and look for appdefaults
> settings.  I would *assume* that Heimdal is the same.

Which is preferable for setting kinit options?

In fact, I have tried setting "forwardable = yes" in both the sections,
however after "kinit -R" the ticket ceases to be forwardable. I have
to say ""kinit -Rf" explicitly all the time. What gives?

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
2:5005/49 at fidonet http://vas.tomsk.ru/