password expiry for a principal

Jeffrey Altman jaltman at secure-endpoints.com
Sat Jan 26 21:04:43 EST 2008

Why would Solaris compile with that flag?  Solaris doesn't use the login
library.  The login library is a MacOS X specific feature.

In the current MIT sources, disabling prompting for a password
change is a run time option.  If the caller wants prompting to be
disabled they should be using the

  krb5_get_init_creds_opt_set_change_password_prompt(opt, prompt)

function to disable it.  This permits callers such as PAM that would
know how to handle prompting better on their own to do so while
permitting the Kerberos library to prompt in the default case.

Jeffrey Altman