Kerberos SSO with SAP ERP (AIX) and SAP GUI

Labiner labiner at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 04:02:39 EST 2008

Hi Rick,

SAP does not officialy offer gss-api libraries to systems other then
Windows. There was a product call BC SNC adapter, but it's
discontinued and not supported by SAP for production systems.
There is a somewhat dated guide in the group about how to configure it
on Linux and AIX 5.2 env., using the MIT kerberos module source.
For a solid and supported solution, you should check the SAP certified
verndor list for licensed SNC providers:
http://www.sap.com/partners/directories/SearchSolution.epx
Certification Category: "Secure Network Communications"

The solution Tim is reffering to, is indeed SAP certified.

But depending on your implementation scenario and the user's main
access point: you might want to think about implementing SSO via SAP
Enterprise Portal. This is a very robust solution that requires no
additional software license.

Best Regards,
Eric Labiner
SAP NetWeaver consultant