pam-krb5 3.10 released

Markus Moeller huaraz at moeller.plus.com
Sat Jan 19 12:40:56 EST 2008

Russ,

I usually don't use the change password feature, but I now checked the pam
help for pam_sm_authenticate and pam_sm_acct_mgmt. On both Linux and Solaris
it states that only pam_acct_mgmt should return PAM_NEW_AUTHTOK_REQD for
exired passwords not pam_sm_authenticate. I haven't yet checked the Openssh
and others sources, but I think you need to save the state you get
inpam_sm_authenticate and use it in pam_sm_acct_mgmt.

Any thoughts ?

Markus

news:mailman.1.1198952771.5144.kerberos at mit.edu...