failed assertion

John Hascall john at iastate.edu
Sat Jan 19 09:50:06 EST 2008

> > John Hascall <john at iastate.edu> writes:
> > > Anyone else seen this?
> > >
> > > assertion "(&(&_m->os)->n)->initialized == K5_MUTEX_DEBUG_INITIALIZED" \
> > > failed: file "threads.c", line 389, function "krb5int_key_delete"
> > > Abort (core dumped)
> >
> > Yeah, this sort of thing happens a lot if you mix different Kerberos
> > libraries or different com_err libraries (such as by building Kerberos
> > against one com_err library but loading a different one in an application
> > that uses Kerberos).
>
> Thanks for the suggestion.  As far as I know I'm using the com_err
> that came with 1.6.3 but I'll double check.

It turns out that I was using all 1.6.3 libs.
The problem seems to be with libkrb5support.so
If I take that out of the link,
(don't need it, don't know why it was in there),
it all works fine.

If I include it, even:

int main ( void ) { (void)error_message(0); return 0; }

gets the assertion failed abort.

John