Tickets Longer Than Wanted?

Tom Yu tlyu at MIT.EDU
Wed Jan 9 13:52:53 EST 2008

>> Also, what release are you
>> running?  ... bug in krb5-1.3 ...
>> If you are seeing this behavior with a recent release, we would
>> appreciate hearing more details.

John>     1.6.3

The error you are seeing is not consistent with my inspection of the
code.  krb5int_populate_gic_opt() (called by
krb5_get_in_tkt_with_keytab()) in krb5-1.4 and later explicitly check
the value of creds->times.endtime and call
krb5_get_init_creds_opt_set_tkt_life() if it is set, while krb5-1.3
and earlier did not.

We could attempt to reproduce your problem on recent code, and having
a concise test case from you would be helpful.

John> PS, Is there going to be an upto date API document at some point?

The MIT Kerberos Consortium is in the process of finding technical
writers to update the API documentation, among other documentation
tasks, thanks to the generous support of Consortium sponsors such as
Iowa State University.

---Tom