MIT or HEIMDAL ?

Frank Bonnet f.bonnet at esiee.fr
Tue Feb 26 04:29:13 EST 2008

Hello

I suppose this have been discussed numerous times ... but I'm starting
a Kerberos deploy here and I really would like some advices ...

We have a mixed clients network with approx 1000 machines
running Windows 2000 / XP and Linux ( Debian ) , my kerberos
server is a HP DL380 Proliant with 2.5 Gb RAM running FreeBSD 6.3-R.

Due to my inexperience I'm really not able to decide which version to
choose ... MIT or HEIMDAL ?

HEIMDAL is the standard version on FreeBSD but MIT is available from
the officials ports so ...

Any guru that could give me some advices ?

Thanks a lot
Frank