Password incorrect while getting initial credentials

trimkins@sbcglobal.net trimkins at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 17 22:10:24 EST 2008

Hello,

I am receiving a "kint(v5): Password incorrect while getting initial
credentials" error after entering a password in response to a prompt
following a kinit command (kinit user/my.domain at MY.REALM).  I know
that I am entering the correct password.  The database seems to be
fine; I can get a ticket as root through:
   kinit -k -t /etc/krb5.keytab user/my.domain at MY.REALM

I am wondering if this could have anything to do with a
preauthentication requirement.  My KDC.conf has a default principal
flag of +preauth.

Does this flag require any preliminary steps to authenticate before
(or during) kinit?

May there be anything else that I am missing?

Thanks a lot.

Angus Atkins-Trimnell