kadmin.local segfault gdb output (valgrind output)

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 13 23:17:26 EST 2008

On Feb 13, 2008, at 20:57, Steven Miller wrote:
> Very weird, when running kadmin.local under valgrind,
> it does NOT segfault. I am including the valgrind
> output.

Here, valgrind is complaining about some uninitialized fields, and in
the gdb stack trace, the program was copying data based on one of
those same fields having a nonzero value.  If the uninitialized
length field was nonzero, and the data pointer was null or garbage,
the copy would fail.  So, it looks like valgrind did dig up a little
more information on this bug.

Thanks, I'll see if I can track down what's going on.

Ken