Ubuntu and ldap backend

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 13 12:00:12 EST 2008

On Feb 12, 2008, at 10:00, hiroshi wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to configure MIT kerberos with ldap backend as
> principal
> database on ubuntu 7.10, following instruction in admin-guide of
> MIT, but
> I stuck because I cannot find kdb5_ldap_util in ubuntu packages (and I
> have to do this using packages). So, I'd like to know, is there a
> way to
> bypass this issue? Should I use heimdal?

If you don't get an answer here, check with whomever maintains the
package for Ubuntu (or an Ubuntu support list).  It may be that
they've just overlooked the LDAP support, or maybe they put it in a
separate package so as not to make the main package introduce an LDAP
dependency on systems where LDAP isn't otherwise in use.

Ken