kerberized NFS on OS X (gssd problem)

Sebastian Hanigk hanigk at in.tum.de
Fri Feb 8 04:31:01 EST 2008

"Richard E. Silverman" <res at qoxp.net> writes:

> I'm afraid not; I have a bug open with Apple on it right now.  I have
> found that kerberized NFSv3 does work, though.  Of course, it *does* say
> the NFSv4 code is alpha...

I haven't tried Apple's NFSv4 implementation yet, but I was able to
mount our Solaris-exported NFSv4 shares using Rick Macklem's newnfs
driver and utilities (<ftp://ftp.cis.uoguelph.ca/pub/nfsv4/darwin-port>).

While it works as such, it is unusable for data transfers over my DSL
line at home; the RPC roundtrip latency could be a problem.

Sebastian