disabling krb524d attempts - causes login hangs

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Fri Dec 19 11:39:14 EST 2008

On Fri, 2008-12-19 at 14:41 +0000, Fletcher Cocquyt wrote:
> How can we explicitly disable the krb524 communication attempt (campus does not
> run that service)

Ken's suggestions will work at a global level without requiring changes
to client configuration, which may be advantageous.  But I read your
question as asking about client configuration, so:

First, find where pam_krb5 is configured in your system's PAM
configuration.  grepping for krb5 in /etc/pam.d/* will probably turn it
up.

Second, consult the pam_krb5 man page (if you have one) to see what
option to use to turn it off.  It may be "convert_krb4=false".  Append
that to the pam_krb5 configuration line.