Missing parameters in krb5.conf required for kadmin client

david bracken brackmeister2 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 05:28:35 EST 2008

Hello,

Before I throw myself off a bridge in frustration, I decided to whip
out my laptop and post a message to the kerberos mailing list.

I've got a RHEL5 box authenticating against a Win2k3 box. SSO doesn't
work though because I can't run kadmin. Normaly AD logins work, just
not SSO.

Here is what I tried:

kadmin addprinc -randkey host/adtest1.test.company
Authenticating as principal unixadmin/admin at TEST.COMPANY with password.
kadmin: Missing parameters in krb5.conf required for kadmin client
while initializing kadmin interface

and here is the relevant part of my krb5.conf:

[realms]
 TEST.COMPANY = {
  admin_server = intt9dc1.test.company:88
  kdc = intt9dc1.test.company:749
  master_kdc = intt9dc1.test.company:749
  default_domain = test.company
 }

According to the source code, I need the following defined:
KADM5_CONFIG_REALM
KADM5_CONFIG_ADMIN_SERVER
KADM5_CONFIG_KADMIND_PORT

I really can't see the problem. Can anyone push me in the right direction?

David